Thursday, November 5, 2009

The road

I spent the day traveling again, thankfully without incident, from Little Rock to Cincinnati to Montreal. Once I got here at about 6 pm local time, I jumped right into meetings until 10 pm. I've got a cold, my circadian rhythms are all screwed up thanks to having dinner at 9 pm, and my head is whirling with all the politics of the two groups with which I met this evening.

But when I got back to my room, I found my center again. Because next to my computer, right where I'd unpacked it, was the bookmark Cady Gray made for me to bring along.

It says:

Go!
Mom
Go!
#1
Mom
Mom
Rocks!
Mom's
are
Great!

and on the back:

Donna
[drawing of me with my arms emerging from around the bottom of my rib cage]
My
mom
looks
like
this.
Donna
Bowma
n

What else does a person need to get up in the morning?

No comments: