Thursday, February 28, 2008

Stumped!

Tomorrow I will attempt not to blog, it being Leap Day and the Blog365 Day of Rest.

But if somebody doesn't jump on these movie quotes, I may be reduced to blogging. Please do not make me do that. I have a headache. I want to go to bed early. I have laundry to fold.

I admit that my favorite movies may not be stuff that most of America has watched in the last five years. So I will give you some hints. Here goes.

Hint #1: All these movies are in my top 15 movies of all time. If you have any vague idea of what my favorite movies are, especially my favorite movie ever (#1) which by the way I mention on the first day of every class I teach, you should be able to do some matching.

Hint #2: In my opinion, the hardest nut to crack on this list is #9. The IMDB quotes for this movie were not very memorable or condensable. I went with the best of a bad lot. So I'm going to give you a huuuuuge hint: It's a Hitchcock film.

Hint #3: I referenced movie #3 in the title and body of another post this month.

Hint #4: I deliberately didn't choose the obvious quote for #8 -- a famous line that involves the moon and the stars.

The others are eminently doable if you've seen the movies and/or know of my love for them. We've got to get us some Scott Tobias in here -- he can probably run through every single one and give Paul a run for his money.

1 comment:

Doc Thelma said...

Well, that's obvious. #3 is the cinematic classic, Mr. James K. Polk, Our 11th President.