I hope you've been reading Noel's dispatches from Toronto on the A.V. Club blog. (And my pal Scott's, too, of course -- both of them are earning their keep up there.) He's seen a number of big fall releases that live up to the hype, but not as many discoveries to champion, promote, and feel passionate ownership about as in previous years. Even though I know he was probably ready to come home, in some ways, right around 6 pm Monday, I still envy him the chance to absolutely wallow in film in a city that is temporarily the cinematic capital of the world. It will be a long time before we get to do that together, if ever.
On the bright side, here's my list of Things I've Gotten Around To During My Husband's Absence:
- reading all my 153 RSS feeds
- transferring all my 153 RSS feeds into a new aggregator
- obsessively checking each episode of The Soup that records on the &*#$% DVR to make sure it's a repeat of the one I already have saved so I can delete it
- thinking seriously about whether I need these
- wishing I had a copy of this so I could just spend all night popping through them one by one like salted peanuts
- reading a book that made me cry every time I picked it up
- rediscovering what happens when you don't bathe every day
- going to bed with earrings and a watch on, and waking up in the morning with one of the earrings missing
- temporarily setting aside guilt about 24/7 kidblogging
- marking the fourth anniversary of my annual failure to get said husband anything for his birthday, which always falls in the middle of Toronto, providing me a convenient excuse for laxness which actually has nothing to do with the trip.