Friday, June 4, 2010

Onward and upward

Today was the last day of school for Archer and Cady Gray. I picked them up from school with a little ache in my heart for the realization that they will never be third graders or kindergarteners again.

Archer brought home his writing folder chock-full of writing exercises I haven't read before. Here's a final draft of one from January 12, 2010.
Me, my mom, etc. had a blast having triple Christmas together! We were having triple Christmas Friday, December 25 through Thursday, December 31. We gone to 3 places!
At my house we did "rounds" (dividing out the presents and opening them one at a time). But some of those gifts weren't wrapped! So we got those presents for free.
It took us 6 hours to drive all the way to Nashville, TN. We did the same thing in Grandma Libby and Grandpa Alex's house as we did in my house, but the rounds were a lot longer. We woke up at 5:30 the day after that. We woke up so early that we had breakfast at the airport!
When we finally at St. Simons Island on 4343 11th Street, we rushed up the porch steps and into the house. We got there by first going I-25 N to Exit 29, then right on Ocean Road, then right on 11th Street. We opened the presents for free at Granny Lou and Papa's lodge, and heart a stored and devoured a chocolate pretzel topping with icing and an M&M there. Then, me, Drew, and Sawyer played a little New Super Mario Bros. Wii together back at 4343.
On the second day, we played again and beat the first world. It was a hard time for me at world 2-2. I kept losing all my lives over and over. I ended up with 10 continues!
On day 3, it was a hard time at world 1-4. I kept hitting fish and losing lives. And Sawyer deleted our checkpoint! He forgot to quicksave our progress! Now we have to start over from the beginning! What a day!

No comments: