Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Georgia on my mind

I'm traveling again tomorrow, only four days after arriving home from the last trip.  This time it's the American Academy of Religion annual meeting in Atlanta, and I am really looking forward to this one.  It marks the end of a very productive period where I've been able to participate in the leadership of the organization.  I've been on hand for some huge decisions and helped shape the present direction of the group.  And I'm transitioning into what looks like a brief interim period in another role that should teach me a lot in a short amount of time.  I'll be able to use what I learn in seeking offices in other organizations.

So while I'm on the road, let me direct you to the Craft Wisely podcast.  My students have recorded six episodes, and I am pleased and proud to say that they've been learning avidly as they go, and have put together some very credible packages, especially the most recent episodes.  If you have a yen to peek into the class I'm teaching on handmaking's philosophical, historical, and social aspects -- or if you just want to see what a group of smart twenty-year-olds will do with some rudimentary podcasting instruction -- please check it out, and leave a comment on their blog if you have have feedback!

No comments: