Friday, August 5, 2011

Heartbreaker

IMG_0799.JPG

I have a confession to make.  I'm madly in love with my daughter.

IMG_0794.JPG

Oh, I love my son, too.  Sometimes in a way that overflows my heart and makes me get teary-eyed.  But the degree to which I've fallen head over heels with this little girl is just embarrassing. I can't be in her presence without mooning like a teenager.

IMG_0785.JPG

She's so gorgeous.  And if you've ever met her, you know her beauty is only matched by her sweetness and intelligence.

IMG_0782.JPG

I've been mourning her growing up, leaving childhood behind.  I loved her round baby face and plump short-stuffness so much.

IMG_0746.JPG

But even though she's shot up in height, even though she's getting more mature by leaps and bounds, she moves from loveliness to loveliness.

IMG_0780.JPG

What melts my heart and makes me grab her and squeeze her until she begs for mercy is her exuberance. And at almost-seven, that shows no signs of abating.

IMG_0812.JPG

I always tell her how beautiful she is -- and that her beauty comes from inside. It's going to take a personality transplant to get me over this massive crush. Until then, I'm afraid I will remain besotted and silly, trailing little hearts every time I'm around her.

No comments: