Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wee tiny home

We spent a relatively uneventful day in Airworld, flying from Las Vegas's McCarren Airport ("The Loosest Slots Inside The Security Barrier!") to Dallas-Fort Worth ("WiFi That's Worth Paying For!") to Little Rock ("Shops Close At 8 PM!").

And when I got home, I had a wee tiny sock waiting for me amid Noel's stacks and stacks of media mail. Thanks, Megan! (I'd link to your blog but ... I don't know what it is. Enlighten me, so I can send my two score and ten readers your way.)

According to the grandparents, the kids barely even registered our absence. We'll see how much they say they missed us when they eat the chocolate quarters and wave the promotional game-show fan and wear the neon-flashing bracelet we brought home for them, won't we?

Now it's 8:30 in Vegas, but 10:30 pm and bedtime here. Back to school for the kids, back to work for me, back to the routine. I'm thankful for my wonderful life, even more precious after the fantastic time we had on vacation -- a vacation where I did every single thing I wanted to do on vacation. More reflections (and pictures) coming.

No comments: