Sunday, October 5, 2008

Good evening

Today's post detailing the penultimate step of garment completion and soliciting advice is at Toxophily.

Remember that post where I listed all the books I have to read in the next month or two? It's been trumped by a package that appeared this Friday, with this inside it.

Yep, I'm a fan. Scott Tobias is interviewing the author for publication at the end of the month. Meanwhile, you can find out what came up on his iPod shuffle back in 2006 by clicking here.

My delight knows no bounds.

1 comment:

Adam Villani said...

I picked up a copy of The Areas of My Expertise a couple weeks ago for $3.99 and have just kind of lightly perused it since. I dunno, maybe I haven't given it a real chance, but it seems like I really ought to think this book is awesome, but I don't. It just kinda seems random without really being all that funny. More an occasional chuckle than a real laugh.

I think maybe in each category where this book might hit, it gets outdone by other works. David Letterman's book of fun facts isn't half as "clever," but it's more than twice as funny. For a collection of random info, Ken Jennings' Trivia Almanac is much more engaging, and a more impressive work because it involved making real facts interesting instead of making them up. Or, just take an actual almanac --- full of good stuff. This? I'm not sure what the point is.