Saturday, November 8, 2008

A chill in the air

Today's post chalking up another LYS in another city is at Toxophily.

Cold air finally caught up with us today. Although the official high was supposed to be 62, the chilly wind counteracted the brilliant sunshine. At our Family Day event around noon, it was so cold under the tents that the guests ate their barbeque as quickly as possible so they could stand in the courtyard and get as much radiant heat as they could.

I love cold evenings. While sitting on the couch working through our TiVo queue, I throw a quilt over my legs and wrap a Bed Buddy around my neck. When it's time to go to bed, there's nothing better than pulling the covers up around your neck and enjoying the pocket of body heat that slowly grows more comfortable.

Even though we've had a beautiful Indian summer, I'm ready for fall to slide closer to winter. Bring on the jackets, mittens, and flannel pajamas!

No comments: