Sunday, November 23, 2008

Giving thanks

It's not quite the official holiday yet. But given the precariousness of the American enterprise at this moment, every little blessing seems like reason enough to celebrate daily. So here's what I'm thankful for.
  1. A relatively secure job. Tenure in a unit that is almost universally regarded as a bright spot in the university's operations is certainly a rare privilege these days.
  2. Beautiful, intelligent, healthy children who amaze me every day.
  3. Our new garage door opener. I can't believe how happy this makes me.
  4. Cashmere yarn 70% off.
  5. Tarzan of the Apes on my Kindle.
  6. Kirby's Pinball Land on the Super Game Boy, and Cady Gray talking about spelling "Scarfy" while she plays her favorite land, "Kracko!"
  7. My Macbook Air.
  8. Christmas knitting -- fingerless gloves, scarves, and mug cozies for everyone I can think of.
  9. A new Bed Buddy after mine sprang a leak.
  10. Hope.

No comments: