Sunday, June 28, 2009

Precious and few

As we were enjoying dinner tonight after a day of swimming and comic strips, Noel looked across the table at his daughter, her hair pulled up in pixie pigtails, spooning macaroni and cheese into her mouth. "People who don't have a four-year-old girl about to turn five and go to kindergarten?" he said. "I don't know what they're living for."



That's ours on the right. And I know exactly what Noel means. If Cady Gray ever accidentally dunked herself in chocolate sauce, I might eat her all up before I realized what was happening. As it is, I spend half the time I'm around her poking her cheeks and trolling for hugs.

Maybe I'm spoiling her rotten. But I prefer to think of it as letting her know how much she's loved. It takes no effort, honestly, for someone this lovable.

No comments: