Friday, July 30, 2010

Good reads

I've had a few days in between required reading for my various jobs and avocations, and that's given me a chance to catch up on some of my blogs and feeds.  Some great writing out there recently, and since I rarely do the courteous thing and link to my favorites, I thought I'd rectify that tonight.

  • The Secret Knitter sent me down memory lane and made me resolve to find more time for radio comedy with his remembrances of Gary Burbank, a Cincinnati radio personality from his youth.
  • I was by turns horrified, amused, and deeply moved by the Yarn Harlot's description of her disastrous first pitch at a Toronto Blue Jays game.
  • This beautiful little video has been making the knitting rounds lately, but I encountered it in Kay and Ann's elegantly minimalist framing.
  • And now that I have odd moments to read some of the great journalism I've been rushing past for as long as I can remember, I'm utilizing longform.org and Instapaper to pop them over to my Kindle and iPhone.  You can't beat a nice meal-sized chunk of nonfiction, available whenever and wherever you are.
Whatever you're reading, I hope it's as inspiring and relaxing!

No comments: