Friday, November 19, 2010

Letters to Charlotte

Cady Gray brought home some writing today from school that I really liked.  Let's start with an invitation form that she filled out (this got a "Great!" from her teacher).  The underlined parts are the blanks that Cady Gray filled in:

Dear Charlotte

You are invited to my Thanksgiving.  I would love for you to come because We are BFFS!  (Best friends forever).  It will be on Thursday at 5:00 pm.  We will be eating turkey and potato salad.  Yum!  We sure hope you can make it! 
Sincerely, 
Cady Gray 
Then apropos of I'm-not-sure-what, she composed a thank-you note to Charlotte during some free writing time.
Dear Charlotte,
I just wanted to say thank you for all you do!  Thank you for comforting me and being my friend.
-- Cady Gray 
Finally, here's another free write.  I believe she composes these in the morning during the time before the first scheduled lessons begin.  There are pre-printed sheets with blanks for the name, date, and deathless prose.  What I like about this one is that it accurately represents how CG talks these days, complete with excitement and backtracking.
Author: Cady Gray Murray  Date: 11-15-10
I got a new Stuffed Animal and it was ... Hello Kitty!   Well ... really ... Hello Kitty Purple Peace!  Yay! 

No comments: