- Her parents got divorced when she was thirteen, and her dad took up with a woman named Charmin [note: spelling not provided].
- Once her whole family was getting together for some event, and her mom stormed out with her kids in tow after Charmin served her a beer.
- Her sister is gay, "but sporty gay."
- She worked on her tan all week (although she hastens to add that she "SPFed up"), but didn't get as dark as she wanted.
- On the Sex and the City weekend she had with her girlfriends, Jeannette was totally making out with that guy.
- Charmin's one to talk about the responsibilities of parents -- her son dropped out of high school when he was 16.
- She's dating a black guy, but she told her mom to think of him as just very tan. [Note: Polite and tolerant seatmate is older black woman.]
Thursday, June 19, 2008
What I learned about the twenty-something sitting behind me on the plane ...
... while she was chatting with her polite and tolerant seatmate.*