- Amy earns my everlasting affection by exploring Terrell Owens and The Big Bang Theory.
- Suzanne compares Sinatra and Shakespeare.
- Jason clues me in to Fable II and the Joker.
- Brittney discusses Gatorade commercials and Ellen DeGeneres.
- Lucy brings together Fagin from Oliver Twist and Mufasa from The Lion King.
- Julie makes her way to Michael Corleone by way of Danny Zuko.
- Luke Burroughs brings together Grand Theft Auto and American Gangster.
- Logan has GTA on his mind, too, along with DePalma's Scarface.
- Hayley writes about The Indian Runner, the Joker, and Dr. Gregory House.
- Anna relates 50 Cent to local crime statistics.
- John collects the Joker, Professor Snape, and Sasuke from Naruto.
- Amanda's range includes the Joker and Davy Jones from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Emileigh connects superhero movies to our admiration of fearlessness.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
It was the sound of a crescendo
This semester my students are keeping blogs reflecting on the theme of the class: cool in pop culture. And this week they wrote about the TV shows, music, books, and movies in their lives that came to mind after watching James Cagney in The Public Enemy last week. If anything catches your eye, click in and leave a comment, will ya?