Friday, February 13, 2009

Words, words, words

As I bask in the glow of an early Valentine's dinner out with my husband, I'll pass along some of Archer's writing this week. Here are the sentences he created with his spelling words this week, which were all homophones.
  1. Fly a plane if you're traveling more than 300 miles.
  2. Some stuff are fancy, some are plain.
  3. Lots and lots of animals have a tail.
  4. There are 3 different kinds of tales: fairy tale, folk tale, and tall tale.
  5. 1/1 in words is "one whole."
  6. My dad and I usually go to the store.
  7. Cady Gray had a party at Jump!Zone, me too.
  8. A boy and a girl are two kids.
  9. Do you know what "The Tortoise and the Hare" is about?
  10. Some hair should be on top of your head.
And a bonus from his weekly spelling word dictionary search assignment, in which he was directed to write a sentence using at least 3 of the words. He wrote a song lyric called "Same Sounds" with music notes sprinkled around it and "Verse 1" in brackets alongside: Plane and plain, tail and tale, have the same sound!

No comments: