Thursday, May 20, 2010

The night is young and so am I

Today's post about discarded yarn transformed into the ultimate luxury is at Toxophily.

It's been an unexpectedly busy week at my office. But nonetheless, it's recognizably the first full week of summer. I've managed to start my schedule of taking two half-days off campus to work uninterrupted on course prep and research. And despite our department being audited, a late student thesis presentation, and two rather major staff meetings, I made progress on all my tasks. What's disappointing right now is that I still haven't put last semester behind me yet; work from both my classes remains to be brought to completion, and a deadline I set for myself at the end of the week on another old project I'm ready to put to bed will only be halfway met. All I can do is soldier on and hope that when the calendar turns to June, I'll be completely facing forward.

No comments: