Saturday, February 5, 2011

Nearly perfect

Yesterday snow and ice fell during the day, preventing us from going out for our usual Friday evening Mexican meal and weekend kickoff.  But today more than made up for any disappointment.  Consider:


  • I slept in an extra ninety minutes.  Ahhhhhh.
  • Cady Gray played in the snow, then drank the hot chocolate that I made for her with many expressions of happiness.
  • I didn't even put on shoes until about 2:30 in the afternoon.
  • While sitting in the front room this morning, I opened an email with a link to a little amigurumi lovebirds pattern.  On the spur of the moment, I decided to make it.  A few hours later, as the kids emerged from their rooms after rest time, the lovebirds were complete.  Noel dubbed them Val and Tine.  (Pictures tomorrow; my photo session this afternoon -- the reason I put on my shoes -- was sabotaged by a memory card error.)
  • Noel reconnoitered the still-slushy streets by going out to get us sandwiches and cookies for lunch.
  • Noel took the kids to Playworld this afternoon for almost two hours, during which time I put the finishing touches on the lovebirds, did my Ravelry welcomes, and watched basketball.
  • I still got to go to La Huerta this evening, once the temperature rose and the streets melted.

Pretty much a perfect Saturday, mostly thanks to my generous husband.  Hope yours was just as relaxing!

No comments: