Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's official

Three days is the most I can go without experiencing debilitating Children Missing Syndrome.* Oh, I missed the kids off and on Thursday and Friday -- when I saw little tots playing in the park or ordering off the Lil' Sailors menu at the local fish house. But today the same sights made me want to double over in pain. As if they were punishing me at my lowest possible moment, Cady Gray and Archer were too distracted to talk to Mommy on the phone when I called just after their dinner -- all I got were a few non sequiturs and an unceremonious handing the phone back to Dad.

Three more days to go.

Here's what happened today:


It was another gorgeous morning.


I had a great Italian lunch al fresco in the Gaslamp District.


Petco Park was about a block away.


I finished a pair of socks.


Tomorrow: I invade the Society for Biblical Literature. Also: The real truth about Adam Villani, Gentleman.

*Not to be confused with Missing Children Syndrome, which requires immediately intervention by the authorities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, San Diego! You should try to go to the zoo and walk around the park it's in. There's a pretty good tiki bar not far from the convention center, too. I think it may even be called "Mr. Tiki."