Thursday, September 24, 2009

Notes from the fairgrounds

The country fair opened in town this week, and Cady Gray's class went to see the livestock barns on Wednesday. Before she went off to school that morning, I asked her what animals she wanted to see. She said that she was looking forward to seeing the pigs with their curly tails.

"Will there be horses, do you think?" I asked. She allowed as to how there might be. "Remember to tell me if there are horses at the fair," I requested.

"If we have centers today, I'll choose the writing center and stamp a note for you," she promised.

When she got home, she told me that the fair didn't have horses, but that she also didn't have centers. "I'll stamp a note for you tomorrow," she pledged.

Today she brought home this note:



"There were no horses. Love, Cady Gray."

No comments: