Monday, April 20, 2009

Bedtime conversations

While tucking in Cady Gray, whose bedtime reading is coloring books:

CG: Mom, I was just looking at my Littlest Pet Shop workbook!
Me: Do you know who got that for you?
CG: Who?
Me: I did. And do you know why?
CG: Why?
Me: Because I thought you would like it.
CG: And I was also looking at my Hello Kitty workbook that you got for me.
Me: Do you know why I got it for you?
CG: Because you know that I love Hello Kitty, and you know that I love math. And you thought that if you added them together, there would be a Hello Kitty math workbook that would be something perfect for me.

While tucking in Archer, whose bedtime reading is the Wii instruction manual:

AA: Mom, what kind of Wii rooter do we have?
Me: You mean router? R-O-U-T-E-R?
AA: Yeah, router.
Me: We don't have one.
AA: Why don't we have one?
Me: Because we don't need one.
AA: How do you connect the Wii to the internet?
Me: I don't know, but your dad did it.
AA: Do we have a wired or a wireless network?
Me: We have a wireless network.
AA: (to himself, as I turn off the light and close the door) OK, a wireless network ...

No comments: