Saturday, April 25, 2009

On ice

What I learned at the Disney On Ice show this afternoon:
  • I get all emotional at The Little Mermaid even when it's being performed by skaters in glittery costumes.
  • Lilo & Stitch doesn't translate well to the rink.
  • You can't go wrong with giant inflatables.
  • Cady Gray thinks Prince Eric can't kiss Ariel because she can't talk.
  • Flying Darling children make me nervous. I wanted to stop the show to double-check their rigging.
  • The zamboni that came out between acts was not Disney-themed.
  • Concessionaires roamed the aisles yelling "Cotton candy! Flounder hats!"
  • Archer amused himself by keeping track of how many characters were on the ice and how many were backstage.
  • Grown-up Nala on ice is kinda hot.
  • I wish there were a pill I could take that would turn me into someone who knows how to skate.

1 comment:

Adam Villani said...

You ever wonder where the Zamboni ice resurfacer was invented? Europe? Canada? The Northeast? How about sunny Southern California at Iceland skating rink in Paramount, which is where I used to go skating as a kid. Their factory is still a couple of blocks away.