Sunday, October 30, 2011

A bunch of cutups

IMG_1374.JPG

We managed to carve out enough time in our weekend to make jack-o-lanterns. Get it? Carve out enough time?

IMG_1378.JPG

Archer volunteered that he was having a lot of fun scooping out pumpkin guts with his hands.

IMG_1386.JPG

That surprised me given how carefully he was trying to remove the stringy mess from between his fingers after each scoop.

IMG_1388.JPG

Archer took this picture of me scraping the inside of his pumpkin.

IMG_1392.JPG

He made his pumpkin face simple, which was considerate to the carver (me).

IMG_1397.JPG

By contrast, Cady Gray made hers pretty fancy. Archer kept up a running commentary about how he used 100% polygons and CG had 87.5% closed curves.

IMG_1396.JPG

I appreciate that they chose pumpkins that were almost the exact size of their heads.

IMG_1400.JPG

See? It just needs a pink headband.

IMG_1404.JPG

When I set the pumpkins up together, Archer said, "It looks like they're going dating." "Going what?" I said. "Like they're on a date, like they're dating," Cady Gray explained.

IMG_1402.JPG

IMG_1403.JPG

Those are four handsome faces!

No comments: