Sunday, October 9, 2011

Forty six

Forty-six full years upon this earth.  What do I have to show for it?

Students who teach me more than they'll ever learn from me, whose gratitude humbles me.

New passions with each passing decade.  More worthwhile skills waiting to be learned than I have time left to acquire.

Two brilliant, beautiful children whose spirited existences are far beyond what any mother deserves.

A husband whose talent and work ethic earn him the approbation of people who know what they're talking about, whose dedication to our family is a quiet miracle.

Work that has meaning.  Opportunities to travel and meet remarkable people.  Positions of service that make a difference to folks I'll never meet.

A world that seems new and marvelous every day I venture out into it.  A future that demands optimism.

Chances to be proud of myself and to be appreciated by others.

More love and friendship than I could ever reciprocate, from more people than ought to care about me.

And as should be clear from the above list, grace beyond measure.

No comments: