Monday, May 18, 2009

Might as well jump

The finale of How I Met Your Mother, one of the shows I cover for the A.V. Club's TV Club, was tonight, and I spent way too long writing it up. So I hope you'll head over there for tonight's content.

Noel is out of town once again -- this time in Nashville to celebrate nephew Andrew's graduation from high school -- and while everything has been running smoothly, I'm having trouble feeling on top of things. There are deadlines at work, summer deadlines, to be sure, but deadlines nonetheless. Laundry sits in a basket unfolded beside me. The Wii Fit balance board has not been nice to me lately. The kids' lunches have not started making themselves. And somewhere out there is a pair of socks with my name on it, stalking me through the postal system. (OK, maybe they haven't been mailed yet ... if I'm lucky.)

Noel's trip is short, and Cady Gray gets to go on a playdate tomorrow -- meaning I'll have a few hours at work on my own. Not sure what it will take to get me out of this funk. The worst part is that thanks to that stupid balance board, comfort noshing is right out.

No comments: