Saturday, May 16, 2009

You can take it with you

Amazon is now letting blog owners publish their blogs on its Kindle store. So I've just made this blog available for your Kindle.

This is a nifty feature for Kindle owners and bloggers alike. You can choose to get my daily post sent to your Kindle, if you prefer to read it that way. There has always been a selection of big-name blogs to which you could subscribe, but now it's open to everyone.

Of course it costs money -- a monthly subscription fee of $1.99. Nobody's going to take away the web version, or the RSS feed; the blog is still free to the world. But some Kindle owners might want not only to have the blog sent to their machines and appear in their reading lists automatically, but also to put a nominal sum in the tip jar, as it were.

If you read me daily, and you have a Kindle, consider subscribing, reviewing the blog on Amazon's product page, and recommending me to your friends. I didn't put Union, Trueheart, and Courtesy on the Kindle to make money; frankly, if anything more than one more Starbucks chai latte per month trickles in -- ever -- I'll be shocked. As a Kindle enthusiast myself, though, and as an observer of what voluntary micropayments can do, I'm excited about the new venue.

No comments: